About Panic Attacks
Panic attacks are common and very frightening. There are 27 million American adults who experience panic attacks each year and almost 7 million experience frequent panic attacks. With frequent panic attacks, a vicious circle of avoidance of situations, places and activities in order to avoid panic or embarrassment often happens. This further disrupts normal life.
Problems with Usual Treatments
The most common treatments for panic attacks and panic disorder involve several groups of medications. Overall these help in about 50 to 60% of situations but must be taken daily, often for years at a time.
- SSRI’s may be used to try to block new panics. Often these are only partly effective and cause weight gain, sexual dysfunction, constipation or diarrhea, and emotional blunting.
- Benzo’s (such as Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin, Valium, etc) may be given either to reduce the likelihood of panic or to try to bring one to an end. These medicaitons have an addictive risk, can cause confusion and slower reflexes so that driving may be impaired. Also these medications can cause a relapse in recovery from alcohol or other drug addiction even if someone is stable in their recovery.
- Alpha or Beta Blockers can be used to reduce sensations of panic such as rapid heart beat and sweating. These medications can lead to dry mouth, lowered blood pressure and mental fogginess.
Our Effective Treatment Uses No Medication and Works:
We offer a FDA-cleared, at home treatment program that takes two 17 minute practice sessions twice a day for 30 days. It corrects the key problem that makes panic attacks happen abnormal breathing not just during an attack but between attacks. Our treatment is not used during a panic attack, it is used over the four-week period to correct irregular breathing and prevent future panic symptoms and panic attacks. The treatment is based on 30 years of research and was developed at Stanford University.
How Effective Is It?
- At the end of 30 days, 71% of patients are Panic Attack Free.
- At the end of a year, 82 % are improved and 79% of patients are Panic Attack Free, even though the training machine was not used after the first month.
- 92% of patients would recommend the program to others with Panic.
How Does the Program Work?
Following an assessment, we train you in the use of the machine that you take home. The machine adds nothing to your body. It monitors how much carbon dioxide you breathe out of your body and puts this onto a display so that you can learn to increase the levels to ones that are safe and prevent Panic Attacks. Over the 30 days you learn to regulate your breathing so that you are are no longer at risk of developing a Panic Attack. Your practice session are monitored on line and we and our team work with you during the week to help you improve. You do not need to stop any medications until after you have already shown recovery and even then if you choose and your doctor agrees, you may keep them as a back-up safety measure.
Our treatment is safe and effective treatment that can be used as a standalone treatment or in conjunction with other treatments, such as medications, TMS or psychotherapy as recommended by your doctor.
Call Us. There is no Cost for an assessment and we will answer your questions and explain how the program works.
Get free of the constant fear and worry, the constant medications and side effects and get your life back. Join the 80% of former Panic Attack patients by taking this step now.